- In the box o' stuff from previous workplace was a stack of zip disks. That very fact assures that whatever they contain is of no use. 11 hours ago
- Daughter choral group sings national anthem at the Wizards game tomorrow. She's rehearsing at home right now. It's wonderful. 13 hours ago
- RT @ed_harrell: My kind of protest sign. https://t.co/PVMGh1AR5f 13 hours ago
- I've become hooked on Slack's message yourself feature. 16 hours ago
- RT @granthpaulsen: Baseball is back with a bang. twitter.com/MLB/status/835… 18 hours ago
The information in this weblog is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
This weblog does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion and probably incorrect.
Author Archives: Bill Dollins
If you’re about to embark on a requirements drill or needs assessment focused on “web GIS,” it is important to be sure to answer one question as you proceed: Do you actually need any specialized mapping server at all? If … Continue reading
In my work supporting various aspects of geospatial data modeling, I’ve spent a lot of time delving into concepts around configuration management of such data models. We’ve been able to apply a core tool set to perform various functions such … Continue reading
A while back, I posted about my desire to see GeoJSON supported as an output format from ArcGIS Server. I found myself needing that capability so I recently completed, and posted to GitHub, a first cut at a server object … Continue reading
Those are my words, not theirs. It came to light today that OGC has decided to withdraw the GeoServices REST Specification, also known as the “ESRI REST API,” as a proposed standard. I will not take up the relative merits … Continue reading
Thanks to LinkedIn, I saw that Dr. Art Lembo of Salisbury (Maryland) University is leading an “Open Source/Enterprise GIS Summer Bootcamp” at the university from June 3 – 7, 2013. All of the salient details, including contact information, can be … Continue reading
We do a lot of tiles for various customers at Zekiah. Tiling is as much art as science and sometimes things go wrong so we have a range of utilities that we use to perform various kids of QA. Because … Continue reading